Community Literacy Fund
The Community Literacy Fund provides financial assistance to community organizations to develop and deliver local projects that will help people increase their reading and writing skills and raise awareness of the importance of literacy in all official languages of Nunavut.
Who Can Participate?
Community organizations interested in developing and delivering local projects to improve literacy can apply for this program. These include community organizations, hamlets, libraries, registered non-profit societies and District Education Authorities.
Project Eligibility Criteria:
The following projects may be eligible for financial assistance:
- Community awareness projects
- Community, workplace and/or family literacy activities
- Development of learning materials, resources and books
- Literacy research
- New and innovative approaches to literacy projects
Classroom-based instruction must be linked to other community initiatives. Capital costs, such as computer equipment is not eligible for funding.
How to Apply
Organizations must submit a proposal that includes:
- Demonstration of the need for the project
- Objectives and expected outcomes
- Description of delivery
- Detailed budget
- Partnership references demonstrating community support, including commitments for in-kind support
- A plan for evaluation of the project and its results
For More Information:
To learn more about accessing this fund, contact your Department of Education regional office: